Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's Okay Thursday {Late Morning}



It’s Ok.

It’s Ok that Logan was an hour late for school this morning.

It’s Ok.

Because he was tired. Because Brodie was tired, too. Because I knew if I let them sleep an extra hour, they’d be in better moods, which meant I would be in a better mood. Because I was dressed AND had make-up on when we finally made it to school, which, I’ll admit, never happens. Because some days, it’s more important to like your kids than be on time.


Much better mood than yesterday. This is what he calls "Cute Face"

Me and The Bump. Feeling totally Spring




It’s Ok.

It’s Ok that I woke up to two sets of pissy clothes this morning, piled in the bathroom floor.

It’s Ok.

Because they changed their own pajamas in the middle of the night and didn’t feel the need to wake me up. Because one peed on a pallet in the floor and the other one peed in the top bunk which left a dry bottom bunk, which they both climbed into and fell back asleep. Because I finally made it to that pile of clean laundry and put it all away, so when I had to wash a load of wet clothes and sheets this morning, the laundry room was already emptied out.


This is a huge Krysten Success.

It’s Ok.

It’s Ok that my schedule has been off this week and I’m a little behind on sleep.

It’s Ok.

Because getting up with Jeremy at 3am means he’s been at the dinner table every night this week, that he’s been at tee ball practice and tee ball games and cub scout meetings, that we’ve been able to have a couple of quiet cups of coffee together, even if it’s in the middle of the night. Because I’ve gotten some major writing done in the wee hours of the morning while everyone else is still asleep. Because Brodie has finally learned to watch TV quietly while I sneak in a nap. Because I’m getting ready to have a third baby and I’m going to have to learn to function that way in a few months anyway. I might as well get used to it before I have a crying newborn to feed.




It’s Ok.

It’s Ok to buy maternity clothes at Wal-mart. And baby clothes, for that matter.

It’s Ok.

Because they’re cute. Because they’re cheap. Because I want to look cute but refuse to spend too much money on clothes I won’t wear after about July. (Ever again, I swear it this time. NO MORE BABIES!) And why not buy a cute onesie for three bucks that Baby Girl is probably going to puke on anyway? It. Has. An. Owl. On. It!!




It’s Ok.

It’s all Ok.



Happy Thursday, Friends.

go. do. be. 

Linking up over here today. 
Its Ok Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment