Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Friday! A week in pictures.

It's Friday!

Linking up with InstaFriday today sharing my week in pictures.

The same night I had Prime Rib Dinner with Dad...I also ended up with THIS. This is Peach Cobbler. It was amazing. It was big enough to swim in. No, I didn't finish it all. But, I wanted to!

My kids and I have found a new way to enjoy dinner during the week while Daddy is at work...
RESTAURANTS!
Seriously, do you know how many "Kids eat free" nights there are in town? (Yep, I'm that lady) I get to sit with my kids and eat and talk while someone else cooks, serves and cleans. This night, we were at IHOP. Who doesn't love pancakes for dinner? Plus, there is a never ending supply of coffee! Score!

Monday was The Mr.'s Birthday. This is his cake. No, I didn't make it. I paid for it though, which totally counts. It was actually made my one of my best friends, Jill, and her mom, Lynn. They are amazing! They've done birthday cakes for both my boys and they are doing my sister's wedding cake. The Corona bottles are made from rice crispy treats. Who's the best wife ever? ME! (Can you tell just how excited he is to have his picture taken?)


This is our 5 and 2 year olds eating said rice crispy treat Corona bottles. Who are the parents of the year? We Are!


Bought new bedding this week. Isn't it pretty? Oh, you can't see it? Maybe that's because there are two little monkeys jumping on my bed...Their Auntie Rachelle thought this was a good idea. She's like having an extra child.

These, my friends, are homemade apple chips. Yes, the plate is also shaped like an apple. No, that is not an accident. I got a new slicer and microwave chip maker from Pampered Chef. It rocks my world!
My first pair of running shoes. They are so amazing. They make me feel like I'm wearing PF Flyers! They are also BRIGHT ORANGE! Like caution cones. For my feet. "Caution: Rookie Runner"
You will also notice that there is no laundry piling up on the treadmill. That's right, I use it.

And last, but certainly not least, it wouldn't be a week in pictures unless I showed off these bad boys. Handmade pajama pants...with coffee cups on them. And pockets. And a little tag in the back that says, "Made by La with Love"
My friend Lauren made them for me. By hand! Did I mention that part already? I feel so special!

Happy Friday, Friends!

life rearranged

4 comments:

  1. Rice crispy treats are awesome for making shapes on cakes! My 13 yr old daughter told me about this when we were making gingerbread houses and she wanted to put up a Christmas tree outside her house. She used them! She said she had seen it on Cake Boss. And I totally agree that restaurants are what's for dinner when daddy is at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amazing! And yes. Restaurants! I wish I would have thought of it sooner. I can always justify it by saying I'm using it as a learning opportunity to teach my boys how to act in restaurants... =)

      Delete
  2. You're pretty awesome too! I'm so glad you like the coffee pants. I loved making them for you. They look like they fit really well too. I love this new "talent" I've picked up I just wish I didn't have to do it while everyone was sleeping. I get a little cross-eyed when I'm trying to do pockets for the first time at midnight. Great pics this week by the way. Love the bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to take the kiddos out when the husband is gone! I am the queen of cheap so I just know that when I have kids I'll be hitting up ALL the kids eat free places. You're a woman after my own heart!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete