Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's Ok. {A Link Up}



It’s ok.

It’s ok that even though we bought him a brand new bed, and brand new blankets, and a brand new pillow, and put a TV in his room…Brodie still wants to sleep next to us in the floor.
It’s ok.
Because one day, he won’t need us so much anymore. Because sleeping on the floor doesn’t actually hurt anything. Because as long as he sleeps, it doesn’t really matter where, anyway.

It’s ok.
It’s ok that I wasn’t excited when the stick had two lines. That I was disappointed. And scared. And pissed off. And angry. That I spent the first three months of my pregnancy in tears.
It’s ok.
Because I’m excited now. Because I can’t wait to be her mother. Because sometimes, the best things in life are the ones that you don’t plan on.

It’s ok.
It’s ok that sex is the last thing in the world I want to do right now. That I feel uncomfortable and unsexy and unable to make myself feel any different.
It’s ok.
Because it doesn’t mean I love my husband any less. Because it won’t last forever. Because it’s nothing personal. Because it’s just pregnancy hormones. Because one day, my body will be mine again and my husband will get to reap the benefits, too. Because he loves me anyway and he’s not going anywhere.

It’s ok.
It’s ok that the laundry never gets put away. Even though it’s clean. Even though I’m home. Even though I swear every day I’m going to do it. Even though I’m out of excuses.
It’s ok.
Because at least it’s clean. Because everyone knows where to find their clean socks and underwear. Because at least it’s all contained to the laundry room. Because in 18 years, it isn’t really going to matter.

It’s ok.
It’s ok that Logan still has training wheels. Even though everyone says he shouldn’t. Even though his friends don’t. Even though he’s six.
It’s ok.
Because he’s only six, not sixteen. Because everyone seems to care but him. Because when he’s ready, he’ll take them off. Because he rides his bike anyway, really fast, and doesn’t seem to notice the difference. Because he could care less about peer pressure and one day, we’re going to be really grateful for that.

It’s ok.
It’s ok that I’m not well put together. That I lose my cool over pee and poop and puke. That I get my feelings hurt. That I don’t have all the answers. That I put myself first sometimes. That some days, I just don’t want to.
It’s ok.
Because being well put together is only a facade. Because pee and poop and puke are disgusting. Because I’m only human, even though I’m a mother and a woman, too. Because if I had all the answers, there would be no wonder left in the world. Because I have to take care of myself before I can take care of anyone else. Because no one says I have to want to all the time. Because my kids and my husband love me anyway. Because I love me anyway.

It’s ok.
It’s all ok.

Happy Thursday, Friends.
go. do. be.

Linking up over HERE today. Check it out. 
Its Ok Thursdays


4 comments:

  1. Is it ok that I absolutely love your blog? I think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it, especially the part about your little guy not giving in to peer pressure! What a stud! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He most definitely does things in his own time. Which is fine. with. me. (Most of the time) Thanks for reading =)

      Delete