Friday, January 27, 2012

InstaFriday: Kids, Kids, Kids...

About 8 years ago, Jeremy and I started trying to have a baby. It was a long process. Every 28 days, for two and a half years, I would find out that I wasn’t pregnant and then I would bawl my eyes out.

Every month, for two and a half years.

Then, one month, there were no tears. They were replaced with a positive pregnancy test and excitement and joy and shock and…

Fear.  

Now, I know I might sound to some like a walking contradiction but, even though I wanted to be pregnant and I wanted to have a baby, I didn’t really like kids all that much. After all the time and all the tears and all the trying, the thought of actually being someone’s mother scared the Bejeesus out of me. What if I was bad at it? What if I didn’t like my baby? What if what I wanted all this time turned out to be something I didn’t actually want at all? Then what was I going to do?

Crap.

Turns out, I did in fact love my baby, immediately and fierce, just like everyone said I would. Sometimes, I get worked up about stuff before it happens. I swear I’m working on it.

I got another bonus prize, though, when I had Logan. I also learned how to be a kid person. Now, I won’t lie to you and tell you that I love all kids or that I immediately became blessed with energy and patience and all of the other things that make kid people, kid people, but I did learn how to talk to them, how to read their signs and signals, how to play with them and like them and handle them. They don't intimidate me nearly as much as they used to (Except Brodie, but I'm working on that, too)

This is all very good news considering that my house is now ALWAYS full of kids. Mine. Other people’s. Kids. All the time.



This particular one is mine. This one was taken a couple of hours after I washed his mouth out with soap. You can read about that one here.



This is what Wednesdays look like around here. Talyn comes and hangs out and helps keep me sane.



This is my niece, Emma. Sometimes she gets sleepy. It happens.



and this is dinner time with my two, Emma and her sister Ally. I ate standing up by the counter. Guess it's time for a bigger table, huh?



On one of our walks. He would stay outside all of the time, if I would let him.



and cuddling together after the walk. I would sit and cuddle all of the time, if he would let me.



And this is the one I tried so long to have. By the way, not only do I like him, he was TOTALLY worth the wait!!

There it is. An instafriday full of kids. Some mine, some not. Changing the way I feel about kids...One week at a time.

Happy Friday!

Linking up over here today. Check it out...

life rearranged

3 comments:

  1. I love you Krysten! Even though you were worried about being a Mom; I know you are a great one and those boys are super lucky they got you! I can't wait to see the adventures you have with them.. You have your hands full. So keep your sense of humor! you have no more patience than the rest of us; but you surely have a sense of humor I only get after I have 3 days to think of what I should have said :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to a fellow Absolute Mommy Liebster Award winner! :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute children!! :) Makes me want one. I think. :P

    ReplyDelete